Whether you are a woman or a man, you may have one or two complaints about your skin. Everyone wants to put their best skin forward but coping up with your back acne, cracked heels, dark underarms, stretch marks may seem complicated and hard for you. This blog post has the solutions for your embarrassing skin issues.
Back acne is the development of large tender cysts on the back.
The back acne is caused as a result of an increase in the hormone level in the blood. Simultaneously, the dead skin cells that are not shed properly clog up the follicles. The Propionibacterium that is present in our skin starts to multiply because of the perfect environment of oily skin for it. This process leads to back acne.
Treatment for back acne:
In most cases, simple lifestyle changes and home remedies can get rid of back acne.
- Try tea tree oil products.
- Shower after workout
- Wear loose-fitting clothes.
- Choose sunscreen carefully.
- Eat healthily.
To know more about back acne treatment check out effective home treatments for acne.
This visible red and blue veins can appear in any age of life, causing cosmetic embarrassment because it mainly appears on legs and face.
Spider veins mainly occur in networks which resembles a spider web hence the name spider veins. Causes are;
- Hormonal fluctuations
- Injury or trauma to the skin
- Excessive sun exposure
- Some medications, including anabolic steroids
- Excessive alcohol consumption (facial veins)
Treatment for spider veins:
- Apple cider vinegar: Wrap a piece of cloth in the vinegar and wrap it around the area for 20-30 minutes at a time.
- Diet: Avoid saturated fats, processed sugar, alcohol and sodium to maintain healthy circulation of blood for a long time.
- Massage: Massage it thoroughly to work on spider veins because it is an effective way to regulate blood circulation. Massage should be performed by a licensed therapist and preferably by someone with experience in treating spider veins.
Instead of growing outwards, these hair curl back inside the skin. They are sometimes referred to as embedded hair as well. In severe cases, this infected hair can cause infections as well.
Waxing and Shaving are the main reasons behind ingrown hair.
Treatment for ingrown hair:
One of the simple ways to remove this embarrassing skin issue is by applying body lotion which contains lactic acid or urea. If you don't find any such lotions, try exfoliating the region with buttermilk which has lactic acid.
Skin tags are benign, non-cancerous, tumours of the skin. These are painless and usually appear on eyelids, armpits, under the breasts, groin, upper chest and neck.
It is not clear exactly what causes skin tags, but it may happen when clusters of collagen and blood vessels become trapped inside thicker pieces of skin.
Treatment for skin tags:
Take a cotton ball dipped in tea tree oil or garlic extract. Place this dipped cotton on your skin tag and secure it with a bandage for 10 minutes. Repeat this procedure 2 times a day. The skin tag will fall off after a few days or week. This procedure must be done with caution as it will irritate sensitive skin. This procedure is not recommended for skin tags around eyelids, groin and other sensitive parts( seek medical treatment).
This one of the most common and embarrassing skin issues faced by everyone.
Factors that can cause cracked heels to include:
- standing for long hours
- walking around barefoot, or with open-back sandals
- taking long, hot showers
- using harsh soaps that can strip your skin of natural oils
- shoes that don’t fit properly or support your heels
- dry skin due to climate, such as cold temperatures or low humidity
Treatment for cracked heel
- Keep your feet in lukewarm, soapy water for up to 20 minutes.
- Use a foot scrubber, or pumice stone to remove any hard, thick skin.
- Gently pat your feet dry.
- Apply a heel balm or thick moisturizer to the affected area.
- Put on socks to avoid spreading any grease around.
A stretch mark is a type of scar that develops when our skin stretches or shrinks quickly.
It is a common factor of puberty, pregnancy, rapid weight gain or weight loss.
Treatment for Stretch Marks:
- Stretch marks creams, lotions and gels.
- Application of virgin coconut oil and aloe vera gel is one of the best home remedies for this embarrassing skin issue.
7. Underarm and knee darkness:
Underarm and knee darkness isn't an indication of anything serious but, this is considered as one of the embarrassing skin issues.
Darkening of the skin is due to the skin condition acanthosis nigricans (AN). This causes the skin thickening and darkening at the folds.
Treatment for underarm and knee darkness:
- Change the brand of deodorant: A natural alternative for deodorant is apple cider vinegar and baking soda.
- Choose to wax over shaving.
- Exfoliate two-three times a week.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes.
Disclaimer: Admin does not hold any responsibility for the side effects of the above-mentioned remedies and products. It is advisable to do a patch test.